This post originally comes from Bonnie Ware, a songwriter who worked for years in palliative care. These are folks who have come to the place where they are very near death and, more than most of us, are able to look back and see what they might have done differently.
It’s a great blog, and worth your time.
The “headline” regrets are these:
“Five Regrets of the Dying”
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself,
not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
You can read the whole thing here.
Good stuff to consider during the first week of a new year.
Or anytime, really.
(As always, if you like this post, then “share it” or “like” it on Facebook by clicking the box below, so others can see too…)